This Barrage® features upgraded handle and blade materials and a slightly deferent blade design, while still staying true to the original design from Warren Osborne. Designed and manufactured in the USA with Austrian Bohler M390 blade steel.
- Designer: Osborne
- Mechanism: AXIS®-Assist
- Action: Assisted-opening with safety switch at the top of the handle
- Blade Steel: M390 (58-61 HRC)
- Blade Length: 3.60" (9.14cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.121" (3.07mm)
- Open Length: 8.35" (21.21cm)
- Closed Length: 4.75" (12.07cm)
- Handle Thickness: 0.65" (16.51mm)
- Weight: 5.20oz. (147.42g)
AXIS® A patented Benchmade exclusive, AXIS has been turning heads and winning fans ever since its introduction. A 100-percent ambidextrous design, AXIS gets its function from a small, hardened steel bar which rides forward and back in a slot machined into both steel liners. The bar extends to both sides of the knife, spanning the liners and positioned over the rear of the blade. It engages a ramped, tang portion of the knife blade when it is opened. Two omega style springs, one on each liner, give the locking bar it's inertia to engage the knife tang, and as a result the tang is wedged solidly between a sizable stop pin and the AXIS bar itself.
Safety Warning: This assisted-opening knife has a blade that springs out upon partial opening so do be careful on first use to familiarise yourself with its action.