Benchmade 495 Vector AXIS-Assist A/O 3.6" CPM-S30V Flipper Folding Knife with Black G10 Handle
This product is currently sold out.
G10, stainless liners and expressive styling take the AXIS® Assist flipper in a new direction. Made in USA.
- Designer: Benchmade
- Mechanism: AXIS® Assist flipper
- Action: Assisted-opening with safety switch at the top of the handle
- Blade Length: 3.60" (9.14cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.100" (2.540mm)
- Open Length: 8.42" (21.39cm)
- Closed Length: 4.82" (12.24cm)
- Blade Steel: CPM-S30V (58-60 HRC)
- Handle Thickness: 0.60" (15.240mm)
- Weight: 4.11oz. (116.52g)
|Handle Material||Black Contoured G10|
AXIS® A patented Benchmade exclusive, AXIS has been turning heads and winning fans ever since its introduction. A 100-percent ambidextrous design, AXIS gets its function from a small, hardened steel bar which rides forward and back in a slot machined into both steel liners. The bar extends to both sides of the knife, spanning the liners and positioned over the rear of the blade. It engages a ramped, tang portion of the knife blade when it is opened. Two omega style springs, one on each liner, give the locking bar it's inertia to engage the knife tang, and as a result the tang is wedged solidly between a sizable stop pin and the AXIS bar itself.
Safety Warning: This assisted-opening knife has a blade that springs out upon partial opening so do be careful on first use to familiarise yourself with its action.